Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sleep divorced me.

Sleep has left me for someone else, it's true. So now I dance with insomnia.

I decided that now, at 1.15am, would be the most suitable time to blog and finally post a few pictures from my wanderings in far and exotic/pretty/shady/skungy lands.

Gaudi's Casa de Batllo in Barcelona
 Barcelona - soooo many vespas on just about every street corner
 just waitin' for the bus... in the middle of a park....
 Parc de la Cuitadella

The world's laziest bee on my sister's foot.. wouldn't budge, not even for some nice pollen.

Dodgiest shop ever. My sister got sucked into purchasing a leather wallet (apparently genuine Morrocan leather) for 25 euros. I found pretty much the same for 3e. Sucks to be her.

Abundance of sweet deliceries (yes I made that word up) at the food market
Little audio cars for the tourists in Barcelona! How cool are these?!

Tyra with a street performer on La Rambla (like the main shopping street in Barca)

Flamenco!!! I recorded some too and when I figure out how to use this stupid macbook and rotate the video I'll post it.

Meet the cobbler shop

I can only think of one reason why you would need a sort of breast sleeve... and it's so sleazy.

The beautiful Montserrat, see that building? yeah try trekking the mountain for a Sunday service every week.

That stone house at the top of the cliff (I zoomed as much as I could) was where a hermit monk lived for 20 years, never came down and died there.

This is one of the doors of the Montserrat monastery. It has been there since 1025AD and survived Napolean's siege. How's that for strength?

The Black Madonna. You get to touch her hand on the left where they've left a hole in the glass.

This is how the flea market was in Barcelona. Pretty much sheets on the ground with people's junk on them. Btw, that market was so seedy, never going there again.



Okay so I just realised I have waaaay too many photos to try and post at once and there are more on the other camera so I'm going to stop here for tonight rather than blast myself into sleep deprivation delirium.. happily, sleep has come crawling back and I'm struggling to make sense right now.

Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, maybe Madame Trussard's and to finish tomorrow off a Gypsy and the Cat show. I will struggle.

Out at 2.35am.
xx







No comments: